All About Me
Welcome to my site! Allow me to briefly introduce myself!
My name is Megan! I currently reside in Utah, but I am originally from Texas. I find a lot of joy being in nature! I love to do my daily walks and find experimenting with foods in the kitchen to be fun! I like coming up with my own recipes and sharing them with others who might be interested. Finding a way to make something healthy taste unhealthy is a fun challenge for me! I am a tea and coffee lover! I am very much a family oriented person and love my family very much! I enjoy getting to learn new things and I also really love journaling when I feel the need to do so or just want to. I do motivational Monday posts every Monday, and have really enjoyed doing them! When I am not on social media or outdoors, you can probably find me in my room or alone either listening to music pondering the world, or watching a wide array of various types of YouTube videos. While this is just a bit about me, I can't wait to get to know you and I look forward to hearing from you! Until then, feel free to read on to hear about my Health Coaching education.
I received my training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition*, where I studied a variety of dietary theories and practical lifestyle coaching methods. With my knowledge, we will co-create completely personalized actions based on your goals to move you toward your ideal vision of health within your unique body, lifestyle, preferences, and resources.
A little more about my training,
Through attending the Institute for Integrative Nutrition* I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories – Ayurveda, gluten-free, Paleo, raw, vegan, macrobiotics, and everything in between.
I studied with the world's top health and wellness experts including:
· Joshua Rosenthal, founder of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
· Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, chair of nutrition at Harvard University
· Andrew Weil, MD, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
· Gabrielle Bernstein, bestselling author and life coach
· Susan Blum, MD, MPH, assistant clinical professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
· Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center
· Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating
· David Wolfe, raw food leader and nutrition expert
· Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, professor at New York University’s Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health
· Mark Bittman, food writer for The New York Times and bestselling author
· Joel Fuhrman, MD, family physician and leading expert on nutritional healing
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and prevention. Drawing on my expertise, I work with my clients to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of food and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health, and happiness.
Each session will leave you feeling inspired and motivated. We will talk about things beyond food, seeking to bring balance to important elements of your life such as relationships, career, your physical activity, and spirituality. Through working together, I will personally and carefully help guide you to make simple, and small changes that will transform your life.
I am excited to work with you towards your goals and to help put your healing in your hands!
As a coach, I put the power back in YOUR hands.